3 in stock
(2015) Many experts suggest one-size-fits-all solutions for habit change, but as we all know from experience, there’s no single magic answer. Better Than Before shows us how to understand habits and to change them for good, and gives us the thrill of recognition and relief, because at last, we’ll have the vocabulary and framework to change our habits successfully. Solutions exist!
Along the way, Rubin uses herself as a guinea pig, tests her theories on family and friends, and answers some of the most pressing questions – oddly, questions that other writers and researchers tend to ignore:
– Why do I find it tough to create a habit for something I love to do?
– I want to help someone else make a change. But how?
– Why do practically all dieters gain the weight back – plus more?
– How quickly can I change a habit?
– Why can I make time for everyone else, but can’t make time for myself?
Whether you want to get more sleep, finish a project, maintain a healthy weight, or stop checking devices, habits make it possible. With Rubin’s signature mix of rigorous research and easy humour, Better Than Before will make us eager to start work on our own habits – even before we’ve finished the book.